Monday, April 16, 2007

Just saw my baby girl!

We walked up to the PICU about 12:30 and asked to see Eliana. We were able to go right in! I heard these words and went as quickly as possible to the doors. I hurried in and then paused to find out her room number. When I was told I half ran to her room. I just wanted to see my baby girl! She looks so very tiny in such a big bed.

It is so good to see her. It hasn’t been that many hours - 5.5 hours - but it seemed like forever to be away from her. She has a LOT of wires/lines attached to her - several IV lines, a catheter, a chest tube, a breathing tube, ekg lines and more. It was hard to find a place to touch on her and kiss her - but I found them! I can’t resist touching and stroking her. I even added a pink bow to her hair.

She is still heavily sedated. The nurse said that she is doing well. They hope to remove the breathing tube later today. The chest tube may be removed tomorrow depending on how she is doing.

I’m so very, very tired. It seems like a long, long time since I’ve had a full night’s sleep. A lot of stress in these last 4 months too! I may go home or to a friends house to take a nap. It’s hard to think of leaving my baby. As a mom, don’t you always put yourself and your own needs last? I do plan to get some sleep today. I’m so very relieved that this part is over!

Please continue to pray for Eliana. There are still risks of complications. We’ll know more by tomorrow morning how things are looking - but so far, everything looks great! Please pray for healing, health and anything else you feel led to add.

Thank you sweet friends for your prayers and words of encouragment!

With love,

Leslie

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Eliana did so well. We'll continue to keep her in our prayers. She is such a beautiful little girl!


    Pat Troutt (Neil's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for a successful surgery. I have been hitting refresh here over and over waiting for some news! :)


    Go get some rest.


    Praying continually!


    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also refreshed that button over and over. Give that little girl lots of kisses from us!! I hope that you are able to get some rest. Much love to you and continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leslie! So glad you are with her now! Rejoicing over the good update but continuing to pray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How happy I am to know that Eliana recieved sweet kisses from you.


    Thank you for taking the time out to let us know what is going on! I am sure I am not the only one hitting refresh to see if there is any new news! ;-)


    Continued prayers being sent your way...


    Love, Kristina in Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very happy to read these words, Leslie! Praying for your rest and for Eliana's comfort. And yes, I've been hitting refresh, too! We all love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very glad to hear the surgery went well and will continue to keep you, your family, and sweet baby Eliana in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now go to your friends home, have a shower & sleep while Eliana is in such good care. I hope you get enough sleep to renew your energy.


    Then pop in home & see your family. I am sure you will be back to hospital before you know it.


    Arn't Dr's & Nurses special people.


    Love Leanne XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our power went out for about an hour this afternoon, and I was longing so desperately for it to come back on so I could check for the latest update. So thankful to hear continued good news!


    Eliana has touched the hearts of thousands of people all around this world, Leslie. We'll continue to pray you through...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Leslie, Praise the Lord!!!!


    (I love it that you put her pink bow back in her hair...that is just so precious to me)


    Praise the Lord!!!!


    We'll keep praying...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Leslie, Praise the Lord!!!!


    (I love it that you put her pink bow back in her hair...that is just so precious to me)


    Praise the Lord!!!!


    We'll keep praying...


    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful news! I am so happy that you were able to see your sweet baby and put that bow right back in her precious hair. :--) i have the picture of her birth announcement right here in front of me at the computer and there she is with her cute pink bow. :-)


    I'm praying that you are now getting some rest and rejuvenation before heading back to the hospital. I agree w/ Leanne, nurses and Docs are special people.


    Big hug to you my special friend. You will remain in my prayers!


    Love,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo!! Praising the Lord with you!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leslie,


    What wonderful news that the surgery was a success! I'm so happy for you that the surgery is benind you! I will continue to pray for Eliana's recovery!


    Hugs,

    Anne


    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Leslie,


    I was out most of the day today, and I am just now reading all the great reports you gave throughout the day. God hears (and answers!) our prayers! I have been praying throughout the day and over weekend for you and Eliana. I even passed through Clemson this weekend on our way back to GA from a baseball tournament and said a special prayer for her right on the campus...very near the basketball coliseum. (smile) I will continue to pray for a quick and complete recovery with no set-backs. Hope you are resting right now.


    Give your little angel a kiss for me.


    love, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful moment for you, to be able to see her! I hope you do get some rest, you need it for the days ahead I'm sure!!


    Still praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Leslie, for taking the time to update us all day. I know you had a few other things on your plate today, but it was just so comforting to come here and see all was well as we prayed for you guys. What a blessing you are.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!