Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mom Field Trip

In the spirit of loving field trips, for our last Mom's meeting of the year, we decided to forego meeting at my house and instead go somewhere new.  It was a last minute decision, but a small group of us was up for some fun.  We headed to Guglhupf Bakery.  What a delightful place!  It was a lovely day and we sat outside in an artful patio area.  I should have taken more pictures.  If you are local, it's worth a visit!  I definitely see some mother-daughter time here in the future.

We each went inside and chose a treat for ourselves.  Beautiful baked goods.  Here's a peek at the plates.



The next one was mine.  It was a raspberry chocolate brownie and it was yummy!











Hungry yet?  We sat and talked about many things ... homeschooling, co-op, our vision for our school, children, free time and more.  It was a wonderful afternoon.  We look forward to doing something like this again next year!



I'm thankful to have sweet, godly friends to encourage me, walk with me and to share time.  I'm thankful for the laughter, support and memories I have with these friends.  God has blessed me richly.  Homeschooling is a much richer journey because of friends like these!

I'm looking forward to more encouragement this week-end as I head to the homeschool conference and will see all these friends and more!  I'm excited about hearing some new speakers and learning things to bless our family.  I'm interested in looking at the books!  I love books!  I'm looking forward to no cooking (well, one meal in a crockpot, but that hardly counts).  I'll miss my family that is staying home and enjoy the older children that will be with me.  I'll share more on this next week.  Hope your week is a great one!

Blessings
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. What fun! I have attempted to have a mom time with the homeschool moms in my church but I feel as though I am the only one who wants to get together. Moms attend but only if I plan everything. Maybe I should just keep planning and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-that looks like a lovely (and delicious) time! YUM. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great (and yummy!!) afternoon! I agree about the future mother-daughter visits - I just made the same comment to Erin. :) The sweet encouragement of the moms is a real blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie (and Angela), I enjoyed being with you both and with the whole group that day! I get so bogged down with work, I sometimes wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Then when we get together as a group, I feel so reaffirmed in my decision to home educate. It was great!

    Leslie, I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" the picture!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is MY kind of field trip. So glad to now recognize some of your friends after the weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!