Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday Blessings

I had a sweet birthday at home with my family (earlier this month).  They treat me like a queen - special seat at the table, flowers, hand-made cards and no cooking for the whole day!

Breakfast:



Lunch - even served on the red plate. 




We skipped dinner and a birthday cake since we were seeing some VERY high numbers in Joshua.  I just didn't want to have to deal with something that would be hard for all of us.  We had a nice dinner the following night (which I didn't get a picture of), but it was delicious! 

 Here are some of my birthday gifts.  Chocolate from Daniel and Isaiah and they each picked out something that they knew that I loved.  Joshua gave me an armband to carry an Ipod.  Rebecca gave me a gift card to Kohls.  We went shopping the following day and I was able to buy several new things with it!  Christopher and  Roger gave me an ipod - pink!  I've been wanting one and it was a nice surprise.  Christopher has spent hours loading songs and stories and speakers CDs (that I bought at the homeschool conference) on it for me! 

Each of these gifts was so very thoughtful and reflected something of the person that gave it to me.  I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family!



 Joshua made a new screen saver for me too.



I also received cards and gifts from friends and family.  Thank you!  I had a sweet birthday hanging out with my wonderful family.  I'm blessed!

Love
Leslie
 

5 comments:

  1. Leslie,


    I am so glad you had a fun birthday. I love your sweetie pies. They are all so thoughtful and loving to you. I'm glad you are their mama and I can tell they are too.


    I have something for you too,sweet friend. Maybe we will actually see each other soon.


    love ya

    Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. coffeeandconversationAugust 20, 2009 at 8:15 AM

    Happy Birthday! What sweet gifts from your family. Hope you have a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I got to speak with you today and it was your birthday and I didn't even know it!!! Happy birthday, sweet friend!! I'm glad it was a nice day.


    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday Leslie! What a caring and loving family you have!


    Blessings,

    Pam in SE MI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Late Birthday Leslie!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!