Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thur 11pm - If you are reading, please pray

Joshua is having fluctuating blood sugars - and they are low.  We tested at 9 and it was 68 which is low for him (under 80).  Gave juice and then a snack.  Sugars better 109.  Felt badly an hour or so later and tested again.  49.  That is really low.  Juice again.  Next test 108.  He still feels badly though and we don't know if it's a low or being sick.  Yes, he was sick again this morning. 


Please pray for him.  Lows can be dangerous and we just want to do the right thing for our sweet boy.  This combined with the extended sickness has been hard.


More info on low sugars for type1.  Don't read if it will worry you.  I know this is common, but it is our first time dealing with a sugar that doesn't seem to be responding as it should.


Will update later.  As you are praying, know that we still have a virus in our house.  Daniel is down with it now.  :-( 


Short update:  Joshua is asleep now and we'll be checking on him again at 2am.  Hopefully he is stable. 


He felt badly after the juice and snacks.  (Had 2 rounds of snacks and 2 juice boxes.)  Not sure if it was just the food/drink or the sickness he has been battling.  He asked me when this was going to be over - the diarhea and vomitting.  :(  It has been going on for almost a week now - though not non-stop. 


I'm off to sleep now.   Will update tomorrow.


Love
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. I'm praying right now for healing in your house, blood sugars that will level out into the normal range and peace over you and your son in the name of Jesus. Hoping for a restful night and much easier day for all of you tomorrow.



    Kristie

    www.squeeli2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie!

    I'm up late, as usual. Actually, I was in bed and praying for Joshua. I had a thought that was keeping me awake, so I decided to get up and turn the computer back on.

    I don't have any experience with diabetes, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there any possiblilty of this being transient? Like there sometimes and not at others? If this came on suddenly, and if this came on as a result of a virus or something that attacked Joshua's pancreas, is it possible that his pancreas is recovering and producing some insulin on its own? And so at certain times of the day Joshua's body has too much insulin, and it is making him sick? Would the doctor allow you to cut back some on his evening dose of insulin, to see if it prevents this dropping too low?


    Praying for an answer!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dear, sweet Mom.


    I've only gotten to know you just recently through your blog, but I already love your family.



    I pray when I read your blog posts about your family, but I don't comment. Today I just wanted you to know that I am praying for health for your family and strength and wisdom for you and your husband.


    Hang in there.

    Jodi

    www.strivingforsimplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you need to grow in strength, God will send you trials that will strengthen you. Embrace all that He gives you and endure, my friend! I pray for a complete healing for Joshua and peace and comfort for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristie – Thank you for your sweet prayers! I am grateful!


    Anna – Thank you too for praying. I wish that it could be that his pancreas would recover. Typically it’s about 80 percent gone when the diagnosis comes in of diabetes. He will go through a “honeymoon” period where the last of the function of the pancreas does work for a while before finally stopping. It seems very bittersweet! We have cut back on his meds – and changed from one to another. That has helped a lot! Thank you for your suggestions friend!


    Jodi – Thank you! What a sweet thing for you to say to me! I am thankful for your prayers and encouragement!


    Michelle – Thank you too for your prayers and words of encouragement!


    I am thankful for each of you who wrote and also those that read and pray!

    With love

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!