Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Consignment Sale Finds

I have been going to a local consignment sale for years.  I started consigning and volunteering early on too as that meant you could shop early and get better deals.  It has been a wonderful blessing for my family as we have found many nice things there at a fraction of the cost at a store.  It's been a great way to do a lot of shopping all at once too.  (I really don't like shopping and this helps me get a lot done and then not have to do it again for awhile.)


I bought clothes for my youngest 5 - not too much for Rebecca though.  A pretty dress and a shirt.  Each of the boys got 6 pair of shorts and a variety of shirts.  Eliana though - she got a LOT!  What can I say?  It's soooo much fun to shop for little girl clothes!  And the prices are so good!  And did I mention how cute the clothes are?!  Out of all that I bought - probably half was for Eliana.  That's a little embarrassing, but true.



Rebecca wanted to try clothes on Eliana when we got home.  We took a couple of pics.  Her hair is a mess, but she was a really good sport about trying things on.



The sale also has books, toys, games and things.  I was able to buy a couple of things that Eliana has been using in therapy.  One is a great set of stringing beads.  The problem with most sets is that the string is too hard to get through and you have to kind of feed the string through the bead.  Does this make sense?  Well, these had a long wooden "needle" to thread through the wooden farm animals.  So cute - and just right for Eliana. 



I bought a few games and things that I think will be great for our workboxes! 



We also went back today for the 50 percent off and bought a few more games and puzzles to be used during our school day.  Now I just need to find places for everything.  *grin*



Blessings,


Leslie

11 comments:

  1. Finding places for it all...definitely a challenge! Had to say hi, because I have an Elianna, too, although with a second n. She's almost 2. :)


    Dana

    http://averynearlytea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, For some reason you've been on my mind this week, and then today I found your comment!


    Wow - Eliana has grown so much! She is such a beautiful little girl, and I can tell she continues to just

    overflow with joy. Pictures of her always make me smile.


    Blessings,

    Shannon

    P.S. That swimsuit is adorable on her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that you are the most wonderful of families! I get so inspired when I read your blog -- the things you do with your children on a daily basis... you are amazing:)


    Katrina, mom of nine

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great! What a great way to take a picture! I miss reading the boards too but just felt I needed to take a break. I pop on from time to time but it has freed up my schedule considerably! Kelly TN

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds! I love love love consingment sales too.

    Blessings,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Leslie- you hit the jackpot!!! I have never heard of Chocolate chip math- I am going to have to check that one out. That sounds like loads of fun!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Leslie- you hit the jackpot!!! I have never heard of Chocolate chip math- I am going to have to check that one out. That sounds like loads of fun!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What great finds! You definitely got a "few" great items for workboxes. LOL!


    Goodness, Eliana gets cuter and cuter every day!


    Jen in SC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leslie-

    I feel like I live at consignment shops, when rummages are not in season:). It's so neat to see what God has set aside just for you when you get there! I'm new to this internet thing and am so blessed to be able to talk to moms who homeschool...can't wait to get my own blog going! Don't forget about the simple blessings God has given you everyday!

    Blessings,

    Dawn Pickering

    Simpleblessings@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You did hit the jackpot! You know how I feel about shopping like that!!


    I am loving catching up with you this morning -- just sitting here drinking my hot tea and reading about all your adventures.


    Hugs,

    Lynn


    PS - Hope to see you this week

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!