Monday, December 1, 2008

Angel Tree

I wanted to share with you a group that I think it pretty special.  I've mentioned it before, but want to write more.  It's Reece's Rainbow.  This is a charity which promotes and facilitates the international adoption of children with Down syndrome.


Last year our family sponsored a child as Christmas gifts to some of our family.  I'm thrilled to see that this year, this little boy has found a family and hopefully will soon be home with them!


I've visited this site often and have to say that these children just tug on my heart.  I see such beauty and innocence.  I pray for these children every day - that they would be loved and that they would soon find a forever family.


You can help!  Won't you please visit this site and look at some of these precious children in the  Waiting Christmas Angels Gallery .  The cost of international adoption is high ($25,000 on average) and by sponsoring a child or a family, you can help a child be rescued and brought home to a loving family.


For some of these children, they will face living in an institution once they turn 4.  Most of them don't live past the first year.  This statistic just breaks my heart!


Won't you join us in sponsoring a child?  Maybe your heart will be turned toward doing more - and bringing one of them home.  Go ahead and look.  The faces are just precious.


I want to share one with you that has touched my heart.  This is Tonya.  Our family is praying for her and doing what we can to help her find a family.  Isn't she beautiful?!



If anyone is debating about a Christmas gift for me - this would be perfect - sponsoring one of these beautiful children.  If you sponsor one for $35 or more, you will receive an ornament (just do it before December 15th!). 


Please share this site with anyone you know.  The need is great and the children are so very precious.



Blessings,

Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that site so wonderful?! And the children...they tug at my heart. We are prayer warriors for one of the Other Angels at the site. I'd bring her home in a heartbeat if we could. Truth be told, I'm praying for a Christmas miracle for her.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops..forgot to add:


    Thanks for visiting my blog at ramblinamblins. We are in NC..in fact, I suspect we are close to you given some of the field trips you've posted! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!