Saturday, December 13, 2008

Adoption and Redemption

At this time of year, so many things go through our minds.  No matter where we are, I think that there are many memories associated with holidays.  There are many emotions too.  Thankfulness, joy and love and also sadness, loneliness and pain.  I am grateful that at this time of year many are looking for ways to reach out to others and make a difference.


Can I share again about the Angel Tree at Reece's Rainbow?  I think this is an amazing ministry that offers hope to children that need a family.  Children that due to their special needs may be less likely to be adopted than others. 


If you are still searching for a Christmas gift for someone, please consider sponsoring one of the beautiful children on the Angel Tree.  www.reecesrainbow.com


Since the Angel Tree started on Nov 1st of this year, 9 children have found their forever families.  There are still 98 children waiting.  There is great need and any gift is tax deductable. 


 I also wanted to share this amazing blog entry with you.  Please take a few minutes to go read it.  I think your heart will be touched.  It's the entry for today Sat 13 Dec 2008 if you happen to be reading my blog on a later date.  It's a beautiful story and a reminder of how adoption has touched all of our lives.


Reece's Rainbow Blog


Merry Christmas.


 Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that was a very powerful post you referred to Leslie. I've never looked at adoption as "purchasing" a life before, in the sense of "redemption" but so often, that IS exactly what it is.


    Thank you for the referral. And Eliana...Oh is it just me? Or is she looking more and more mischievous??

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!