Sunday, October 12, 2008

A short entry for 31 for 21

Well, I was hoping to post yesterday about our fabulous Buddy Walk!  I will post soon - and with pictures.  We had a fabulous day and I'm so glad we were able to be there!


I wanted to share a blog entry with you.  It is a powerful story of the influence of a little girl on a woman's life.  There is so much to this story - deep sadness that breaks my heart.  And hope that encourages too.


Click on the link below to read Linda's story.


Gather My Children


Reading this story encourages me to pray fervently and look for ways to help children find homes with a loving family.  I'll be sharing more about this in the future - and ways you can help too if you are also led.


I'm so very thankful that our Eliana was born at a time when bringing her home was encouraged.  Our lives are so much richer for having her in it.  I'm so very glad to have her in my family.  God has blessed us abundantly!


Blessings,



Leslie


2 comments:

  1. Oh Leslie! That was so hard to read! It was like when I was a teen and watched the movie "The Holocaust"! What a horrible place! What a horrible life for those innocent children! It makes me so angry that they lied to her and told her that little Colleen had died! They condemned her to a life of emotional starvation and developmental deprivation when she might have had and been so much more!


    In my heart, I wish we could rescue a little boy or girl with DS through Reece's Rainbow, but with 9 of our own, including our own special angel, adoption is not an option (unless God miraculously changes my dh's heart.). But maybe we can give so that someone else can adopt. I have been following one beautiful blog of a family who adopted a little girl from the Ukraine in Jan. of this year. Little Ava was 4 years old and could not even sit alone! Nine months later, you would not believe the difference that a loving family has made in her! It is like a resurrection!


    Blessings!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we did a buddy walk as well and had a great time. I have some pictures on my blog. I am sorry to hear about Daniel. I hope everything is okay, how very scary.

    hugs,

    mom2many

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!