Thursday, October 25, 2007

Prayer Request for Eliana

She is just not feeling well today.   She woke up in the night - fussy.  Really not like her.  When I picked her up she seemed warm but I wasnt sure if it was from the blankets or a temp.  She also seemed to be a little runny-nosed. 


Well, I just took her temp - at least 101 under the arm.  I finally stopped as it was taking sooooo long.  I'm not sure if this is one of the thermometers that adjusts for under the arm or not which is why I said it was at least 101. 


She is also loose (for her) and just miserable.  She wasn't able to take a fully bottle this morning and just sobbed until she fell asleep in my arms. 


I have a call in to her ped.  I'm just not sure if she needs to be seen or not.  With my others I would give tylenol and wait.  I'm fine doing this with Eliana too - but I'm unsure.  It makes me feel like a new parent again.  SHe just has other issues to consider - heart, feeding/tube and Down syndrome.  I don't want to be negligent because I'm not doing the right things, KWIM?


For now, I'm holding my sleeping baby and praying for her health.  I'm trying to remember that God had this as part of my plans for the day.  While my plans included planning for a class I'm teaching on Sat for our Keepers Group and the following tea party as well as planning for our hs groups family event next week - well, they may have to wait.  Oh, and I was hoping on our first day home this week just to relax - just not in this way.  This isn't an interuption, it is what I'm intended to do.  (Talking to myself here.)


I'm so very thankful that she has not been sick until now.  Considering all the times we have been in and out of doctor's offices and the hospital - that is a praise!  Like most parents, I just kept hoping that she would never get sick.  Now, just praying that it passes quickly.


Need to run - chaos in reigning in the rest of the house.


Blessings,


Leslie


 ETA:  Took her temp at 1:30 and it was up to 103.  This was after being asleep on me for a good long while. 


We are going to see our ped at 5pm.  Any of my other children and I wouldn't be going in.  They even said the same thing - if it were another child she probably wouldn't need to be seen.  With all that she has had though, they want to be careful and I do appreciate that!  This is Eliana's first time being sick.  I knew it would come, but am so sorry it's here.  She is being a little angel about it though.  I've held her most of the day and that has kept her happy.


They had no appointments for today - just after hours with a doctor I don't know or going to the other office where we also don't know anyone (which I told her would be fine).  She had me hold for a moment and then came back and said our ped would meet us at 5pm.  :hcry:  She is so very wonderful to us.  This isn't the first time she has met us after her work hours have ended.  Thank you God for placing this woman in the hospital when Eliana was born. 


The tylenol has helped with her fever (down from 103 to about 100.5).  They want to make sure there is no infection at her tube site - and just generally check her out.  She does seem to be feeling better since the meds - though still has a fever.


Thanks for your prayers.  Will update more when I can. 


Love,


Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Praying for her Leslie, thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!