Friday, October 26, 2007

Fri about 12:30pm update

Hi Friends,


Thank you for your prayers and encouragment!  Eliana is doing better - though still not well.  I am encouraged and still hoping/praying that it will end soon and not pass around the family.


I stayed up with Eliana until after 3am.  She took a couple of small doses of pedialyte orally at midnight and 2am.  She also rec'd tylenol at 2am.  She did not throw up again and I didn't give any more formula.


She awoke about 7:45 and was fussy ,feverish and still having diarrhea.  I didn't take her temp, but just gave her tylenol.  I took her temp about 1.5 hours later and it had gone down to a little over 100.  I gave her pedialyte orally and she took 4 ounces.  She was hungry I think, but not sure about the temp (cold).  She normally takes her formula warm.  It's also thicker and I wondered if she would be bothere by the thinner consistancy of the water, but it didn't seem to matter to her.  That's good news!


Her ped called to see how she was doing.  She had also talked with the dr on call last night to fill him in on Eliana in case we had needed help.  Have I mentioned today that she is wonderful?!  She recommended that I try giving her a small amount of formula at her next feed to see how she would tolerate it.  She doesn't want her to lose too much caloric content since she has done so well to put on weight.


I fed Eliana again about 11am and she took 100cc of formula.  (A little over 3 ounces)  She typically takes 140cc.  So far, she is doing well with it.  She is currently napping on me.  My other sweet daughter just came in and suggested that I should take a nap while Eliana is sleeping.  Have I mentioned what a blessing she is to me?!  I need to go tell her that.


In terms of symptoms, it seems to be all G/I and not respiratory at all.  (Thankful to have skipped that part!)  It's just a waiting game now for her symptoms to go away.  She seems to 'feel" better at times and then gets fussy again.  We are just going to relax today and take it easy.  Dr L recommended that our week-end plans be cancelled - and then I shared what they were.  After hearing that we were planning a tea party, she wanted to find a way for Rebecca to be able to do that - wondering if I could pass on my responsibilities.  Those of you that know me, know that is hard.  I don't want to dump my work on someone else.  I'll do it though if it is what works best for everyone.  I have learned a lot about letting go of things this past year.


Will update more as I can.  Thank you for your prayers for our precious little girl.


With love,


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!