Sunday, August 26, 2007

Our Week at a Glance - Aug 27-31

I'm very, very excited about one thing  on our schedule this week - we have NO medical appointments outside of the home!!!  When was the last time this happened?!  I honestly can't remember.  I feel like we have a free week to do with what we want.  I need to make some plans so that we can make the most of our time!


We have no feeding therapy this week as our therapist is on vacation.  Between her vacation and ours we will miss 3 weeks.  At this point though, I'm not too worried about it.  Can I just brag on my littlest girl?  Today (Sunday) she ate 15 ounces!!!  Is that amazing?!  It is the most she has had in one day since she went into heart failure in January.  Oh, happy tears.  It has been a long, long time.  I'm feeling very encouraged and hopeful at this point that she will be able to eat - and get off of this tube.  Please continue to pray for her feeding success. 


Tomorrow (Monday) we are planning to visit a pond.  My oldest and a friend are collecting various samples from the pond to study as part of their chemistry lab.  The rest of the children will be doing some nature studies/pond studies to tie in with their studies.  I'm hoping some of them will want to draw in their nature journals.  I'm also hoping we'll see some interesting things.  In any event, it will be fun to just be out.  We're just planning to go to a small pond near our home.


Tuesday - I've made plans to attend a local Mom's Night Out with the local Down syndrome group.  I'm a little nervous about going.  The meeting is very close to my house though so if I'm going to try it - now seems like a good time.  I posted a note to the group and I've received soooo many encouraging notes from other members.  It seems like a really neat bunch of people.  So, I'm looking forward to it too in spite of being a little nervous.


We have physical therapy on Wednesday.  I'm hoping Eliana will be able to do a little more and not have a sore tummy this week.  She is loving being up on her hands and knees - rocking and looking like she is ready to take off!  Her button site isn't really looking better, though I'm guessing it will just take some time.  It doesn't look any worse either. 


That's about it for the week.  Christopher has science lab later in the week with the pond samples.  That's it!


I'll try to write more tomorrow updating on Rebecca's Wholehearted.  :-)  Stay tuned for the news!  *grin*


With love,


Leslie

4 comments:

  1. Leslie, I have been SO thrilled to read about Eliana's progress with her eating! My girls and I pray for that very thing almost every morning! My girls LOVE to mention Eliana and see her picture on our computer; and we continue praying for all of you! I have been praying for you especially this week as well as Catherine. I'm so glad you have an enjoyable week ahead of you...enjoy those little sweeties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very awesome! I can imagine how thrilled you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post sounds so much more upbeat. I am praying that your good days keep on a comin'. :)


    How was the meeting tonight? What a wonderful opportunity to get out of your home and be w/ some women who totally understand what you are feeling right now. God is good. I sure hope you were able to sneak out for a bit and truly enjoyed yourself.


    Praying that Eliana continues to eat and eat and eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so glad Eliana is eating well!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!