Monday, April 8, 2013

Sweet celebration

I'm so very thankful that we are close enough to Christopher to run over and celebrate with him on his birthday.  :)  I know that this may not always be the case and I want to take advantage of any opportunities that we have.  I'm also very thankful that he is interested in hanging out with us.

I am so very thankful for this oldest son.  The one that made me a mom.  I've learned so much being your mom.  So many lessons that I had not anticipated and the joy surpassing anything I could have imagined.  The ups and downs of life have thankfully been travelled with people we love and most of all a God who loves us more than we can understand.


We had a short window of time in between Christopher's classes and so we met for lunch.  We chose Mellow Mushroom since they have gluten free pizza.  (And I was VERY impressed with our waitress who took extra precautions after asking if the GF was due to celiac.)


The kids all bought him gifts with their own money.  Very sweet!  We also made him a cake - but didn't have time to share it with him.  (He took it to share with friends.)



The time went too quickly and it was soon time to drop him off and give hugs.

 I'm thankful for you and love celebrating a wonderful (mostly) 20 years!


Blessings
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! So glad you are close enough to celebrate with him-:) Hope all is well dear friend- :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!