Thursday, August 4, 2011

Some May happenings

Yes, still playing catch-up, but trying to combine some things into one post.  So many things happen in May - lots of things coming to an end and a lot of celebrations.  Things seemed especially busy this year as we were preparing for a graduation.

In the midst of the busy times, it is always good to stop and remember what is really important.  People.  The most treasured things in my life are people.  Family.  Friends.  My precious Savior Jesus.  It can become so easy to get caught up in things, stuff, schedules and miss out on the important things.  Its something I constantly have to remind myself.

Here are a few glimpses of the celebrations with those special to me.

Our FIAR group had a Mom's outing in May.  Just a little something sweet, but mostly we just enjoy the company.  Time to talk, remember, share and laugh.  I'm thankful for good friends.



We celebrated Mother's Day.  I love being a Mom.  It has been the best thing!!!  God has been so good to bless us with wonderful children and I am so thankful to be their mom.  They did a great job in treating me to a special day.

I love homemade cards!
 All my meals are made for me.  I even got the red plate!
 Fun time playing Wii with my boys.
 Some sweet gifts.

I've been blessed to have a wonderful mom - a beautiful example in so many ways.  I love you Mom and am thankful for you!!!

Making memories together with Five in a Row.  This was our Chinese meal to go along with the book The Story about Ping.  Food is a fun way to make memories!
Laughter.  Shared times.  I love seeing my children enjoying being together.  Yesterday, I was talking with Eliana about something and one of the kids said something about being awesome.  I asked Eliana, "Who is awesome?"  Without hesitating, she gave me an answer, "Bober" awesome.  She is consistent too.  Today when we would ask, she would give the same answer and when other siblings would ask "Am I awesome?", she would reply ... "No.  Bober awesome."  LOL  He is pretty awesome.


 Little Miss Sunshine in a cute outfit that her grandparents gave her.
There are times with friends too that are hard.  Saying good-bye is one of them.  We had a party for one of our friends just before she and her family moved.
 It was a sweet day.  We miss you Jasmine and girls!

My life is full and blessed in so many ways.  I am thankful for so much!

Blessings
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!