Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Heart Day

I almost forgot heart day this year.  I guess that time is healing that memory.  It's a memory that will still bring tears to my eyes.  God used that time to teach me so much!

4 years ago on April 16, Eliana had open-heart surgery.  Four years ago, I had to hand her over and trust God.  He called me to trust Him and to know that He was good - regardless of the outcome of the surgery.  That may sound simple, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I wrestled with God until I could fully trust Him.  And fully know that He is good.

What a healing He did in her heart.  The surprise was the healing He did in mine.  I hadn't realized that I needed repair.  I certainly wouldn't have chosen the path He chose for me.  In fact, I embarked on the path kicking and screaming.  I wish I had known then what I know now.  I realize though that to know what I know now - I had to go through all of that.  The tears.  The fears.  The unknown.

So four years later, all that remains of that day is a scar ... and a lot of memories.

With all of the business of the play on the same day, I forgot.  But one of my precious friends didn't.  She walked through the trials with me then and celebrates with me now!  Thank you Rebecca!  I love you dear friend and your precious heart!

She came over after the play bearing these adorable (and yummy) creations!
 Aren't they cute?!  And perfect!!!  The frosting was even low-carb!!!
 Healed.  Whole.  This little girl has so much joy bursting out of her little heart!
 She lives life full on and leaves much laughter in her wake!
With a thankful heart for a merciful God who gives good gifts - even when we sometimes fail to recognize them at first.  For healing - in physical and emotional ways.  For friends - to walk through the highs and lows of life.  For family.

Praying you find much to be thankful for today!
Leslie

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful friend to remember that event for you and carry through. I love the pictures.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie! I know these feelings so well! I wrestled so much when Ally had her first surgery when she was two months old!!!

    What a great way to commemorate what was done in everyone's heart that day! I may just have to steal it!

    Would love to visit with you on the phone soo, give me a few more days to get my feet under me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes are *perfect*. Rejoicing with you in the Healer of broken hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eliana Joy is my hero! She loves and forgives so easily. I always wondered why we walked through our trials so early in our marriage. I think it was God preparing us to walk with others. It is an honor to share the highs and lows with you and your family dear friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just beginning to home school my kids, and a friend loaned me some of her "Old Schoolhouse" magazines. I read the article you wrote about quilts and FIAR from 2007! It is amazing how God lead me to that article when I just began to consider using FIAR today. When I read on and saw that you have a little girl with Ds I was even more interested. I have a little girl (3) and a boy (5) with Ds. My daughter will undergo open heart surgery this fall, and reading about how God worked in your heart during your daughter's surgery touched me. I'd love to ask you a few questions if you wouldn't mind. My email is julieoutman@stny.rr.com . Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you friends!!!

    Angela - I would love to talk!!! Whenever you are ready! :-)

    Julie - What a sweet way for God to connect us! I would love to talk and will email you right now.

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!