Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Changes to the blog

Hi Friends,

I've been asked by several people and just thought I'd post a little more about it here.  The hosting site (homeschoolblogger) has gone through some major changes.  We were warned, but it was still hard to really know what to expect.

The initial changeover started early, early Sunday morning (it was late Sat night for me and I was up).  It took several days for me to be able to access my blog fully and be able to post. 

The biggest changes at first are just the visuals of the blog.  We lost all of that - headers, sidebards, links, personalization.  For the moment we are able to choose from a variety of templates.  I chose one but am still hoping to personalize my blog so that it fits *ME* better.  I miss my header with Eliana's picture and her ticker.  Miss my links too.  I think I'll be able to add them back, but it will take time. 

There are a lot of nice new features to the blog.  My favorite - it saves posts as you write them!!!  I've lost posts numerous times and that was always really frustrating.  I'm excited about this feature.  There are other features, but it's going to take me awhile to figure them all out.

I would LOVE any tips or suggestions anyone might have!  I want to figure out how to change the about me photo.  I want to add a photo to the header.  (I tried last night but it didn't work.  I tried Eliana's old picture, but it cropped it too much.  Then I tried a family photo which I thought would be great cropped, but it was too big.  I don't know how to make it smaller.  I don't know why one picture worked and the other didn't.  Did I mention that I'm not technical at all?!)

Oh, there is a search feature for my blog too.  Oh, I thought I'd lost all of my catagories, but I just saw that they transferred too!  Yippee!

Can anyone explain "tags"?  What are they and how do they work?

Hope that helps to explain what happened.  I'd love to get back the old look of my blog and if anyone can help, I'd love some tips!

Off to go do some planning.  We have our last co-op tomorrow and it's here.  And I'm teaching.  I'm looking forward to a fun day!

Blessings

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!