Friday, September 25, 2009

More on testing today

Thank you for praying for Joshua.  I'm so thankful that others are willing to do that.  Prayer is an amazing thing - for both the person praying and the one being prayed for. 

As we were driving into the hospital I was starting to feel emotional.  It was unexpected as I was really not thinking or worrying about this test.  All the thoughts that a hospital brings up ... the memories, the experiences, the possibilities.  As we were driving though, a song that really ministered to me during all of Eliana's struggles came on the radio.  It is one that still brings tears to my eyes.  I love the little ways that God can show He is right there with me.  Reminding me that He is enough.  He loves me.  Praising Him is a blessing to me.

Here is a link to the song if you want to listen to it yourself.  Every Time I Breathe

Here are some of the lyrics of the song if for some reason you can't listen.

I am sure all of heaven's heard me cry
As I tell You all the reasons why
This life is just too hard

But day by day
Without fail
I'm finding everything I need
And everything that You are
To me

Chorus:
Every time I breathe You seem a little bit closer
I never want to leave
I want to stay in Your warm embrace
Oh basking in the glory shining from Your face
And every time I get another glimpse of Your heart
I realize it's true
That You are so marvelous God
And I am so in love with You


We went in and began talking.  I asked a question about the sedation and the tech was surprised and told me that she had not planned to sedate him.  We talked a bit more and agreed that it would be fine as Joshua could be still for 40 minutes. 

He got a catheter in his arm and then started the testing shortly afterwards.  I finished our read aloud - Treasure Island - while he was being tested.  We prayed when he was anxious.  We waited.  He did a great job.

The nurse and tech both told me that we should know something next week.  The tech did tell me that she didn't really see anything wrong.  "Unimpressive" was her exact word.  She said that something could still show up as they reviewed the test, but she left me feeling hopeful that all is well. 

I'm still hoping for the best and praising God for caring for our sweet son.  Thank you too for caring for our family.

Love

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!