Friday, June 26, 2009

Joshua is throwing up

Could you pray for us as we learn how to manage yet another new thing?

My son Isaiah was throwing up 2 nights ago. It wasn't too bad for him. Joshua obviously has a lot more going on. I'm reading my book on sick care and I know we can handle this. It's just a little scary and I'm trying to be brave and strong for Joshua. He is handling everything so very well. I know though that this is hard for him too. He feels crummy right now.

The finger poke went better this morning though it still took me two tries. I will be using some of y'alls tips to help in the future - thank you!  I know that this will get easier, but may take some time.  I'm not a medical person (though I've learned a lot in the last few years).

I've called the doctor and am waiting for a return call. Will post more as I can.

Thank you for your support and prayers!!!   
I do greatly appreciate your encouragment!  There is so much that is new and I'm still learning.  This diagnosis is just 4 days fresh and it's a bit overwhelming at times - for all of us.  All of the comments here have been wonderful.  Thank you.


Will update more as I can.


UPDATE 1 - 45 min after throwing up, he also has diarrhea.  :-(  He is miserable.   Thank you for praying for him.


Love
Leslie


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Leslie! We're praying. We haven't had to deal with illness yet. But I know you can DO this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Leslie, I'm sitting here thinking, this is not a good time for a virus. Isn't it just the way life goes sometimes. I'm so sorry.


    I am praying for all of you. I agree that you can do this. It's just a hard think you're having to do. I wish I could do something to make it easier.


    Love,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!