Sunday, November 23, 2008

NOV - Quick Catch-up on a variety of things

Well, now that November is almost over, I'm going to write about some of the things that have been going on around here. 


Football - Christopher's team played in the Championship game the first week-end in November.  He team was undefeated this year going into the game.  It was a beautiful day - and great game too if you were a Saints fan!  I loved watching them play and appreciated again the good sportsmanship that is stressed to these young men!  It was an excited season!




Praying for a player who is hurt while the game is stopped. 


Keepers of the Faith - For the month of November, we worked on the Pie Baking badge.  Yum!  I think this one is going to be enjoyed by the whole family.  The girls learned a variety of things about types of pies and types of crusts.  They also made a pie to take home.  If you want to read more, you can visit my KOF blog post here




Field Trip - We had planned to attend a field trip which was cancelled at the last minute.  Really last minute due to weather.  Since we were already on the road, we made a spontaneous trip to the Science museum.  First though, we made a short stop at Krispy Kreme for a yummy mid-morning snack.  We watched the doughnuts being made and enjoyed our treats.  I had a pumpkin one and it was so yummy.  Eliana tried a little of it - though not much.


Next to the Science Museum in Raleigh - a great place for a rainy day (plus it's free!).



This little girl loves to climb and found a little nook behind a display that was just the right size for her.  Speaking of size ...



I love photos from behind and this one I thought was really cute of little Eliana and her big friend Dillon.





We attended a program on animals while we were there.  The teacher allowed the children to touch some of the animals - a rabbit, snake and bird.  Eliana was thrilled with this!  Can you see the delight on her face?  The teacher was quite taken with Eliana.  I like it when other people enjoy my children.



We spent some time in a hands-on nature room.  There were discovery boxes, microscopes, dress-up, toys and more!  We enjoyed this spotaneous outing with our friends!


Visitors  - My Mom and Dad came to visit.  We always enjoy spending time with them.  Eliana really took a liking to my Dad and spent a lot of time playing with him.  I think he really liked that too!



Here are a few more things that I'll post about separately.


*Our FIAR homeschool group's Family Event - an amazing cooperative event!


*Eliana's dedication


*Awesome field trip


*An incredible ministry that our family is supporting


*Fashion event


We also have some fun upcoming things this week, including Rebecca's birthday in just a few more days!  It's hard to believe she is almost 13!  My baby is becoming a young woman right before my eyes.  She is such a delight to me!


More later - hopefully not too much later.  I'll end with a few fun pics of Eliana.  She is enjoying this twirly dress.  I love her facial expressions!




Blessings,



Leslie



 


 

5 comments:

  1. Great recap! Love the twirly dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Eliana looks so grown up! She's come so far, I just can't believe it. Hooray for twirly dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Eliana is so fetching! I totally need another daughter. Did you see that Oleg's family found him? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, the anon post is me! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eliana is adorable in that dress, dancing around!


    It sounds like you are very busy with all your schooling and sports adventures!! You're putting me to shame!


    Beth

    http://hannigans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!