Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reminders

So many things are reminders - but maybe it's really that I just haven't forgotten.  This "should" be an exciting time - when I'd be counting down the days.  It's less than a month until my "due" date that isn't any more.  I think about it every day.  It's one of those things though that feels so alone. 


It's not really "proper" to talk about it, is it?  It is certainly a subject that makes many people uncomfortable.  I remember one of my children being told not to mention it after my first miscarriage.  Yet, so many have experienced it.  Why does it feel so lonely?


I received something in the mail this week.  A note from a company congratulating me on my upcoming birth.  A guide to labor and the hospital.  The promise of a gift when I got there.  It made me cry.


Sometimes I feel like such a drag even mentioning that its still hard.  I feel like I should have gotten over it by now.  It can make me feel like I have no faith, that I'm weak or untrusting.  (I know I am weak and I'm continually trying to trust.)  I know that in the grand scheme of life that this is small compared to so many other things.  I also know that God cares about all of the details of our life .   


I've been talking about it with God.  Just yesterday at our field trip, one sweet friend came up to me and asked me about the approaching date.  I was honestly surprised and touched that she remembered.  I shared with her that it was hard and that it often felt really lonely.  She gave me a small gift to show me that she was thinking of me.  What a gift of God's love this sweet friend's remembrance was to me.  I had cried out to Him and He heard me. 


I'm not sure why I'm posting this.  I'd love your prayers.  Sometimes, my heart just hurts.  I keep telling myself to be happy with the children that I do have.  It's not that though.   I'm very happy with the children that I have.  I just feel like I could love more.  I know that I'm blessed - beyond what I ever could have expected.   


I'm still grieving this loss, this child.  I so want to hold and love this little one.  I know that the approach of the due date will just bring sad feelings.  It is something else to learn from, to lean on God and to hope in Him.


Reminders.  I know that God is good.  I know that He loves me.  I know that our little one is safe in His arms.  I know that no matter what happens, God has a plan for my life.  I remind myself of these truths often - maybe someone reading needs a reminder too.  It is easy to listen to the lies and whispers from the enemy.  I am seeking to hear God.  God is a voice of truth - of hope - of love.  He loves you - cares about you and every detail of your life.


Love,


Leslie

4 comments:

  1. Awww {{Leslie}} we'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Leslie. I am glad that you are able to reach out for prayers as the approach of a due date *is* a hard time. Thank you for allowing me to pray for you and your sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mailings from companies would hurt me, too. :(


    I understand.


    Praying,

    Elysa

    ReplyDelete
  4. On this one I can honestly say I know exactly what you're feeling. I endured three miscarriages in my quest for children. It was amazing the hurtful comments and mail that came my direction. For the people...I just had to tell myself they were only trying to be helpful. They didn't realize they were hurting me. As for mail...well...computers will do what they are programmed to do! LOL Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I know how lonely it feels because so many people don't understand how deep these m/c's wound so we can't bring it up in conversation. I'm thankful you have such a thoughtful friend in your life. What an awesome gift of caring she brought your way!!


    Janet

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!