Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Little Funny

I'm sooo behind - but will try to catch up on some of the highlights of the last couple of weeks - sometime.  ;-)  Just thought I'd share a little funny.


Earlier today as I was coming down the stairs I heard someone in the refrigerator.  As I entered the kitchen and saw our 4yo, I asked him what he was trying to find.  Now, to those that may not remember, this is our child that we've been working on with sensory issues - lots of them manifesting themselves in feeding issues.  He eats mostly white/brown foods and not very many of them.


He poked his head around the door and asked if it was alright for him to get a carrot!!!  I was stunned and said that he was welcome to a carrot any time!  So, he helped himself to one small carrot and really did eat it!


He must be enjoying this freedom as I saw him do it again later in the day. 


I'm just thrilled he is eating a vegetable!  It's really his only one unless you count the pumpkin I put into his favorite muffins.


Yeah Daniel!!! 


Blessings,



Leslie


8 comments:

  1. Aren't kids funny! Just to let you know we're back after a long break. Trying to get back to normal I suppose! Have lots to tell and show. Sean is doing great, I hope you are all well.


    Catherine, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie,


    I'm cheering for you and Daniel. My 8yo has similar "issues" with food, and I would be thrilled to catch him sneeking in the refrigerator to find a carrot. The trips to therapy are paying off. Keep up the good work. I proud of both of you!


    Love, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! Gavin used to have a lot of food issues with his sensitivities, I remember how exciting it was when he would finally eat new foods!


    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME!!! Yay for Daniel! I'm so excited for you and for him! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you are one happy momma! I am glad that He gave you a bit of joy today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Leslie. I know you are busy, but I tagged you over at my place, don't worry about it if you don't have time to do the meme.


    <a href="http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2008/08/six-quirky-things-meme.html">Here</a> it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Kyley has A LOT of food issues due to textures, etc.. I wil be very excited the day she decides to eat a carrot! Yeah for Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm way behind on my google reader, but I loved this little story about Daniel! :)

    Melissa C

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!