Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Time for a photo!

It has been awhile since I posted a picture.  This one of the kids and I at one of our FIAR group field trips in March.  We were at Harris County Lake Park.  The older children had a class at Shearon Harris Nuclear power plant.  The fun thing is that it was taught by a former homeschool mom (that even used our curriculum)!  Everyone learned a lot and found the hands-on exhibits fun and interesting. 


While the older kids were at the power plant, the younger children had ranger led classes at a nearby park.  These were also experiential including games, facts about animals and going on a short hike. 


It was a cold, but beautiful day.  We stayed for a picnic lunch and the day warmed up.  The kids played on the playground equipment, exploring the park and played kickball on a large field.  I loved having a large span of time to just relax and enjoy my friends and family.  Our family stayed with another family until dinner time.  It was a fun and relaxing day for all of us. 


5 comments:

  1. Aw, what a precious family! :) Sounds like a fun day!


    Three of my children wear glasses too- only 1 full-time though.


    Love, Alyssa... browsing the last 100 posts list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great day!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there :)

    One day I was blog surfing and a picture of the most beautiful child appeared on the screen. I learned her name was Eliana and I just had to read about her. Through your wonderful way with words, I felt led to pray for her. I'm so happy to read she is doing well and that she is healing. I love seeing her pictures....she looks like the happiest baby ever. I also have found encouragement reading your posts. Something always seems to speak to me each time. I will keep praying for Eliana...for continued healing and for her to continue to grow healthy. Blessings to you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear friends for your words of encouragment.


    Sue - what a very sweet post. Thank you! Your words feel like a hug. (((Sue)))


    Blessings,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!