Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Update on Eye Appointment

I am thrilled to report that at this time ...


Eliana does not need glasses!!! 


One of my friends said that she hoped I'd be crying tears of joy with the news that I received today - and that was indeed the case!  I'm thankful that Eliana does not have to deal with this right now.  She will still need to be seen again in 6 months so it's not as though it will never be a possibility, but for now, they are not needed.


So many of my sweet and faithful friends were praying and things went so very smoothly this morning that I could hardly believe it.  We had a short wait before being seen and then were out of there in less than an hour and a half!  That doesn't sound so short when I type it, but it is compared to some other visits.  None of the children needed eye drops so that helped a lot.


Joshua's vision is holding.  He has been patching to try to strengthen one of his eyes and thankfully it had not deteriorated at all.  Isaiah is doing well too.  If we could just keep his glasses in one piece it would be much easier.  That cute boy is constantly breaking his glasses - more than all the other children combined. 


I know that even if the news had been different, that God would still be good - and that He would still be answering prayers.  I am grateful that today's answer was one that I really wanted. 


With a grateful heart,


Leslie

6 comments:

  1. Leslie, I'm happy to hear the news regarding Eliana not needing glasses right now. It was good to drop in and catch up with you by reading your blog. I loved the Christmas pictures. I miss you. Take care,

    Lynn ~:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Leslie! I am so glad the eye dr appt went well. Having dealt with eye issues with two children, I know how long those appts can run! We have even stayed through their lunch break waiting the dilation to finish. Our 3rd born has had 3 eye surgeries, and it is very hard to see him go through so much. He no longer has to patch! That is wonderful, too! I do have some extra child-size patches. If you would like to have them, I can pop them in the mail to you!


    Love, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweet friends for sharing our joy! I'm thrilled to hear this news of no new glasses!


    Tami, we'd love your patches unless you know someone else that could use them. Thank you for your sweet offer!


    Love,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you had a good appointment. We have our first eye exam for one of the girls next week. She is actually hoping she can get some cool glasses. I think she can see fine, but her OT recommended a visit after noticing some things in one of her therapy sessions. We'll see! (ha--no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad her vision is good, hope it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen - I hope your appt goes well next week! Hugs to you both. Christopher got glasses at 4 and one of his friends, that was younger, thought he would get them at 4 too. He was disappointed to find out that it wasn't a privilege that came with being 4. LOL


    Anon - thank you for your well wishes. We are so thankful to be able to skip glasses - at least for now.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!