Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snow Days

I thought I’d share a few pics of what snow in NC looked like for us this week. Don’t laugh too hard. Well, go ahead – I know I did. There is sooooo much brown for a "snow day".


The snow began late Sat afternoon. It was first rain, then a snowflake here and there. The children wanted to go out right away, but I asked them to wait a little longer until it was really snow and not just freezing rain. They went out and played – made tiny snowmen and tried to sled. We haven’t had a good snow in years and they are just thrilled with any little bit that they can get.



The following day they went out sledding with their Daddy. There is a hill in the woods behind our house with a steep path. It was perfect for sledding. When I looked at the picture I commented that I was surprised that they could sled at all as I didn’t see any snow! Roger said that there was a layer of ice on the leaves that made things slick so that it worked like a charm.







I’m glad that they were able to enjoy the snow – and I’m still hoping we’ll get at least one good snow this year.  (There are no pics of my oldest and youngest as they skipped the  "snow" and stayed inside.)


With love,


Leslie

6 comments:

  1. Oh Leslie, those are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie, this post and pictures are so funny to a "Northerner" like myself! I can't wait to show this one to the kids. I want to hear them ask, "Where's the snow?!" Well, I admire you and them for being able to make a gala event out of a little bit of "frost"!


    I hope that Eliana is feeling and eating better.


    Blessings,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,


    Daniel with his tie sticking out of his coat! Too cute!! And is that a log cabin playhouse in the background?What fun!


    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Friends,


    So glad you could enjoy our "snow" pictures too! It really did snow, but the sun melted off most of it in the morning.


    Anna - yes, that is a tie on Daniel. He loves to wear a tie because he likes being a "Daddy" that is "going to work". He wears one every day! He likes the real ones too - which are all too long for him. ;-)


    That is a log house in the background. It's been a good one - we've had it since Christopher was little.


    We are still holding out hope for one good snow. ;-) We may have to travel to get it though.


    Blessings,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen Unsell from fiarJanuary 23, 2008 at 4:39 PM

    Great pictures Leslie! We too got a dusting of snow on Saturday here in Alabama. I wondered what had hit NC if anything? I have pictures in our January photo album on our blog of our snow.

    www.theunsells.com


    Hugs,

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, our snow as little as it was, I guess was at least a little more than you!! Love the kids sledding. I should them to mine, they loved the pictures!!

    Blessings for an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!