Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A short update on what is going on here ...

Things have been busy here the last few days.  We've had my sweet friend that moved (and her children) here to visit so my time on the computer has been minimal.  It's been crazy and fun having 10 children running around the house.  Here's an update on what's been happening.


Mon - We met with a speech therapist as well as Eliana's case worker (that coordinates therapy services for us).  The therapist played with her and observed her doing various things.  The activity that was the most fun for *me* was watching her do some "pretend play".  I was stunned that she would do some of this.  Now, I realize that it is just copying at this point, but I was still amazed.  The therapist took out a small (doll sized) bottle, bowl and spoon and cup.  She pretended to feed Eliana's little cow.  (It's one of her favorite toys.)  Eliana did some of the same things - though not always the one that she had just seen.  It was really cute!


Wed - Feeding therapy for both Eliana and Daniel.  Physical therapy for Eliana.  It's a busy day.  One of my children today asked what we had going on tomorrow and my answer was "Therapy, therapy and therapy".  The response was "Is that all?"  It's also Roger's birthday - so if you see him or want to phone/email - give him some birthday greetings!


Thur - We have a visit with our Ped.  In the afternoon, I'm having a gal come over to show me and a friend some skin care things.  Hopefully it will be relaxing and fun too.


Fri - Nothing in the morning.  Science lab and other activities for the older girls here with a sweet friend and her children.


My foot is doing fine.  I'm still able to get around on it, though it does hurt more over the last couple of days.  I'm not sure if it's because I know where the break is now, but I can feel it at times.  My heel (in the boot) has been getting sore some too.  Trying to stay off of it is tough, though I don't feel like I'm too active most days. 


Before I close I want to list some things for which I'm thankful.


*Good health - This is always a nice thing, and especially appreciated after having dealt with sickness on and off the last couple of months.  We have no sickness here now and I'm thankful for that!


*Friends - I'm thankful for friends that send encouraging notes, offer hugs and share wisdom.  I'm thankful for the experiences of others from which I'm learning.  I'm thankful to have been able to visit from friends living far away over the last couple of weeks.  We had friends from MI visit for a few days.  We hadn't seen them in a couple of years and what fun our children had playing - and the adults too!  What a busy house with 7 boys running around in it!  (The girls just didn't seem as loud.  LOL)


*Family - I've been incredibly blessed.  I'm thankful, very thankful, for the precious people God has given to me as family.


 I'm going to go try to add in the New Year's post separately and hope I don't lose it this time.


Blessings and hugs to you,


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!