Monday, May 21, 2007

She Did It!!!

She drank 4 ounces from her bottle this morning!!!  She has NEVER had this much - EVER!  This was her complete feeding.  Now, granted it was in 2 parts - but it counts!  I fed her the first 2 ounces and she took about 15 minutes to eat that.  (Really wonderful and much faster than she typically does it..) 

I was using a 2-ounce bottle, so I refilled it and then she seemed not interested at all.  I decided to take a short break to see if that helped her.  Well, the short break ended up going about 45 minutes and then she took the other 2 ounces!  Oh, what a sweet moment!

It's encouraging to see that she CAN do it.  I know that it's still a lot of work for her, but praise God that she can do it!  I'm still not sure what I can be doing to help her - if anything.  Still waiting to hear from the feeding folks.  We'll see. 

For now, this has just made my day!  This is her best feeding of the day usually and I am praising God for this small step.  I know it may seem like "not a big deal" - but for a little girl that has struggled now for 4 months (pretty much her whole life) to eat - this is a very big deal!!!

Just wanted to share my joy! 

With love,

Leslie

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Leslie, I'm cheering for Eliana and thanking God for this sweet bit of encouragement for your mama's heart today.


    (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! I hope that the rest of today's feeding went well! You're constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,

    Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an answer to prayers!


    Love, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropped in by way of random blogger, and let me just say, that is one cute baby and beautiful family! A picture of grace. The love of Christ just shines - glad I dropped in, I was blessed.


    God bless,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropped in by way of random blogger, and let me just say, that is one cute baby and beautiful family! A picture of grace. The love of Christ just shines - glad I dropped in, I was blessed.


    God bless,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!!


    www.unringingthebell.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!