Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prayer request

I'm not sure who will see this - but hopefully some of you will!  It is currently about 11:45 EST.  The nurse told me earlier that they will need to do a blood draw tomorrow.  *sigh*  My sweet precious baby is a VERY hard draw.

For her surgery, they were not able to get IVs in - or not enough - and the surgeon had to cut her little wrist to put in the IV.  I can see where she has been poked ALL over her little body - feet, wrists, hands, neck, groin - some multiple times and sides.  Even today her new IV was put into her head.  I'm not sure where she has left to poke.

I've asked the nurse to please find out if they can find the BEST person available for doing the blood draw.  Please join me in praying for this.  I am praying for a successful FIRST stick on her so that they don't have to try multiple times.

Also, could you pray for her pain.  She woke up at 9pm and just wasn't herself.  I realized that her pain meds had worn off and asked for more.  She fell asleep shortly after that without eating any from the bottle.  She has been sleeping well since then.

Still working on adding  photos.  Thank you Leanne for your offer of help.  I'll send them to you if I can't get them here!  I'm not going to try too long - just haven't had time to get to it.

Gotta go - her IV has come out!  Please pray

ETA:  Update at 1:00am  Then nurse completely removed the IV from her head.  I held gauze on the site to help stop the bleeding.  She cut some of her hair to try to remove the bandage.  (It was taped pretty well to her hair - had come loose from her head.  We think that is why it came out, but also could have been from me moving her around.  Even though I tried to be careful it's tough with so many leads comeing from her - 7 - which is MUCH less than yesterday!)  The nurse asked if I minded her cutting her hair to remove the bandages and I told her to do what she needed to do.  She cut a little as she was trying to get to the IV and stop the blood.  Then she worked to just remove it from the tape so Eliana wouldn't have a big chunk of hair missing.  Isn't that sweet?!

I hated the thought of them having to reinsert an IV.  There just isn't a place that hasn't been poked unless there is a spot on the other side of her head?  When she spoke with one of the doctors, she said the IV didn't have to go back in!  She is to get her meds by mouth and hopefully is well-hydrated since she is getting her feeds now.  Praise God!

Thank you for those of you that saw this and prayed!  This was a great answer.  Still praying for the next blood draw!

7 comments:

  1. Leslie, I saw your blog tonight and will be praying specifically about Eliana's IV and blood draws! ~Katherine in CA (FIAR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the blood draw tomorrow along with the IV reinsertion this evening. May God comfort your sweet baby girl!


    I love you, friend! ((( hug )))


    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and PRAYING!


    And that's truly amazing that she might go home in a day or two! WOW!!!!


    Thanks for all the updates.


    Elysa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all your requests Leslie.


    Much love,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last one was from me, Linda. For some reason HSB isn't keeping me logged in.


    Love to your whole family,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie, you and Eliana continue to be in our prayers. I LOVE the photos!!! I love the little one where you are holding her hand. She is such an adorable baby! Many blessings to you as you go through this time.


    Sharon C(Maine FIAR)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,Leslie,Its been along time,My thoughts and Prayers are with Eliana as she recovers and with u and the family.My Heart goes out to u,God Bless u Leslie,God will take care of your precious little girl.Please send me your email so I can keep in touch with you.I love You and your family,Eliana is a beautiful blessing!!Your cousin,Melissa thompson Moore

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!