Thursday, February 8, 2007

Encouragment

I've been so encouraged by the words and prayers of others.  I have been reflecting on the comments others make and wondering if they are even aware of the impact of a few words on spirit.  It's amazing - the power of words.  They can bring healing, hope and joy.  The converse is also true.  I want to use words to encourage, build up and reflect God's love.

Just today as I was again trying to insert the feeding tube into Eliana, I was joined by a supportive and encouraging nurse.  She commented that I had steady hands.  What a boost to my confidence as I'm trying to learn a medical procedure to perform on my infant daughter.  One that I really don't want to have to do, but realize that I will probably need to do.  It helps to hear a nurse telling me that I've done a good job and that I'll be fine doing it at home.  It helps to hear her say "what would you do if you were at home" when I'm unsure about something so that I learn to trust my instincts.  (Though clearly I'd seek help when it's needed.)

Am I using the power of words in the best way possible with my family?  Are my children encouraged to know that they are doing a great job when trying something new?  Do they realize the strengths that I see in them daily?  Do they know how much I love them - not anything that they do or don't do - but them, just as they are.  I love my children and want to encourage them to grow and learn.  I want to do this also with my husband, family and friends. 

What an incredible responsibilty and opportunity we have each day to use the power of our words for good!

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Leslie, for taking the time during such a busy and stressful day to encourage us with YOUR words. I have a child that sometimes needs more encouragement than I think I can provide. Thanks for the reminder to keep pressing on and lifting up.


    Carol S from FIAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words deeply touched my heart. How true they are ~ and are we doing it enough?!


    My prayers and thoughts are with you as you spend time in the hospital. Give Eliana a kiss for all of the FIAR ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd let you know the Lord is bringing you to my mind regularly and I'm praying whenever He does! You are in a tough situation only He can get you all through it.

    in Christ,

    Melissa (from FIAR)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends!!! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!